You are here
Home » STEM graduates
Locations: Sydney and Melbourne
At IAG it's more than a job, it's a passion we have. Believing that the power of progress will make peoples' lives safer and better. And we've proudly led both economic and social change, whether it was advocating for child safety restraints in cars or developing technology to detect and alert people to rising flood waters. This is just the beginning as IAG develops new and innovative ways of doing things to set a new standard in our industry.
We encourage you to explore your potential and will provide you with the tools and support to help you achieve your career aspirations & goals.
The 18-month Graduate Program is structured with rotations across multiple divisions in Sydney and Melbourne. Giving you the opportunity to explore different projects, teams and ways of working.
We also offer study assistance initiatives if you wish to continue your education with flexible work arrangements such as working from home and leave options. The Graduate Program will help you develop skills and experience that will see you grow in new ways for your career to reach new heights.
This year we are looking for graduates with the following backgrounds and related disciplines:
- Computer Science
- Data Science
Data brings together all the capabilities required to build a world class data platform including engineering, analysts, domain experts, governance & location.
Data is the most valuable resource a company owns. We are building solutions that are adaptable and efficient, acquiring, unifying and processing data to become a truly data driven organization.
The Data team design, build and run the data platform acquiring, processing and unifying data across the iag group making data accessible and actionable.
Digital defines, designs, develops, delivers and leads all digital solutions and technologies for IAG, that are adaptive and customer-focused to help the business respond to customer needs. The team is fixated on building world-leading digital customer experiences and technologies, that ensure we are relevant and meaningful to customers on mobile, internet and into the connected world.
We bring the outside into, through learning and comparing ourselves to world leading digital experience organisations, while utilising the advocates we have internally to tell our story externally.
Group Actuarial aims to influence better strategic decisions through analysis of experience and trends to create insights into the future. Our team, led by the Chief Actuary, advises Board Executive and Senior Business Leaders across Australia and New Zealand, in understanding the uncertainty associated with the Group’s material risks and provides pragmatic advice on optimising its enterprise value. Our main areas of focus are claims reserving, capital management, and reinsurance.
Within the technology team our purpose is to be an innovative, resilient and sustainable technology delivery function that enables IAG to achieve its business strategy and vision. Technology is a cornerstone to where IAG sees its future and it underpins IAG’s strategy to make the world safe and deliver a world class customer experience.
A little bit more about the teams within technology:
- Technology Architecture is the technical thought leadership for decisions in Group Technology to drive and deliver the Group IT strategy. We are the first point of contact in delivering the architecture and technical design across all IAG.
- Platform teams develop, maintain and support the complex applications and environments to deliver the business and technology strategy.
- Infrastructure is efficient and effective infrastructure services as well as driving consistent outcomes for IAG by a comprehensive approach to managing and integrating multiple service providers and teams.
- Technology Operations have a core purpose to deliver strong operational excellence, focus and discipline with our partnerships, monitoring the flow of work, establishing and monitoring the governance and risk processes.
- Shared Technical Capabilities aim to uplift the technology/engineering capabilities across IAG technology platforms.
Product & Pricing
- As part of the Australia Division, we ensure both our pricing and underwriting capability, processes and systems meet the needs of our customers as well as manage our response to the regulatory changes underway in our CTP markets.
- We aim to simplify, optimise and harmonise our pricing and product suites across our brands, while providing support for our NRMA/RACV, Commercial, Complex and Speciality and Partner Brands segments. We're all different, and the cover our customers need is constantly changing, therefore, we design and price our products to reflect the risks faced by our customers and to help them recover from unexpected loss.
- Satellite has been established to house challenger brands in an independent business model within IAG. Using a bold and different approach, our operating model will be relentlessly low cost and deliver value and choice to Australia’s fastest growing customer segments. Our brands include Coles Insurance, SGIO, SGIC and Berkshire Hathaway Personal Lines.
- As a growth engine for the Group, we serve fast-growing, price-driven customer segments. Our best-in-class, low-cost operating model and solution-focused culture delivers affordability, value and choice for our customers and enterprise value to shareholders. We will find ways to attract new customers and if a customer’s need cannot be met by another IAG brand, we play a role to keep them in the family.
You will be entitled to:
- A structured induction and ongoing development program
- Competitive base + 13% super + performance-based bonus up to 10% + great benefits
- A dedicated coach/mentor and a buddy for support throughout the program
- AND the security of knowing you are a fulltime, permanent IAG employee from Day 1
The Graduate Program will begin in February 2020 and throughout the program you will participate in courses, site visits and key projects across a number of business areas. As you work through the program you will become a champion in:
- Formal presentations
- Persuading and influencing
- Developing and maintaining relationships
- Leadership of self and others
- Planning and organising
- Business acumen
As an IAG graduate your performance will be rewarded with a competitive base salary and the potential to earn a 10% Short Term Incentive bonus each year. You will also have access to tailored benefits offered to IAG employees, including:
- 50% discount on insurance products
- Various corporate partner discounts
- Flexible work arrangements and leave options
- Employee Assistance Program and Return to Work Program
To be eligible for the IAG Graduate Program you must have:
- Australian permanent residency or Australian or New Zealand citizenship
- Degree qualification or higher within the past 3 years for 2020 program (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Applicants must have a credit average (65%) or higher