As the rain eases in flood-affected regions across New South Wales and South East Queensland, the full extent of the damage is becoming clearer.
Our Major Event claims support teams have been deployed and are now on the ground in disaster recovery centres in some of the hardest-hit communities, including Lismore in New South Wales and Caboolture and Goodna in South East Queensland.
The teams are providing face-to-face support, arranging emergency repairs, organising temporary accommodation for customers whose homes were severely damaged and providing emergency payments.
Support for our customers
We have also deployed our NRMA Insurance Help Response Vehicle to Northern NSW so customers can lodge their claims and receive emergency support at a location convenient to them.
We will also be using qualified tradespeople from the local areas wherever possible, to support with the recovery, ensuring customers’ homes can be efficiently assessed and repaired.
This recovery will take some time, which is why it is so important that our assessors and builders are already on the ground working with our customers.
Executive General Manager Direct Claims
IAG Executive General Manager, Direct Claims Luke Gallagher said: “The devastating loss of life and property in communities across the country as a result of this season’s floods has been heartbreaking. This recovery will take some time, which is why it is so important that our assessors and builders are already on the ground working with our customers, particularly in the hardest-hit areas.”
“Our focus is on providing practical, on the ground support to provide immediate assistance to affected customers. We have a dedicated team managing claims from this event and have prioritised claims for vulnerable customers.
“Customers can lodge their claims online. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can help get you back on your feet,” said Mr Gallagher.
IAG community support
IAG has a range of measures in place to support impacted customers and communities including:
- Assessments and repairs: Our assessing and building teams have started assessments and make safe repairs in impacted areas.
- Recovery centres: Our Major Event claims teams are located at recovery centres in NSW and QLD to help customers lodge claims, provide emergency accommodation and financial assistance.
- Extended call centre: We have extended our call centre capacity to help affected customers lodge their claims as soon as possible.
- Customer counselling: Our disaster response customer support program is available where customers can receive free and confidential counselling by a team of psychologists experienced in providing post-incident support.
- Workplace giving: IAG will double match any employee donations to IAG partner appeals, including the Australian Red Cross and GIVIT flood appeals.
- Volunteering: IAG has additional paid leave available for employees who are emergency service volunteers, and extra counselling support.