You are here
Home » Group Actuary
A little more about our Group Actuary Graduate Program…
Location: Sydney + Melbourne
IAG’s Group Actuarial aims to influence better strategic decisions through analysis of experience and trends to create insights into the future. Our team, led by the Chief Actuary, advises Board, Executive and Senior Business Leaders across Australia and New Zealand in understanding the uncertainty associated with the Group’s material risks and provides pragmatic advice on optimising its enterprise value.
We will be looking for candidates who have demonstrated their abilities in problem solving, critical thinking and effective communications to rotate across the following teams below.
- The Predictive Modelling team is tasked with building Group Actuarial’s predictive modelling capability in support of its advisory teams. The team maintains the Group’s Internal Capital Model, supporting the Group’s economic capital decision-making through an understanding of dynamic financial analysis and the financial mechanisms of a general insurer. They also maintain a Predictive Modelling Platform in support of the Group’s reserving advisory teams.
Australia Reserving advisory team
- The Australian reserving team is responsible for the valuation of insurance liabilities for all Australian portfolios and is focused on delivering insights to business including portfolio management and pricing. Team members will take the responsibility for the analysis, interpretation of results and provision of advice to business stakeholders on a regular basis.
Capital & Profit Advisory
- This team delivers insights around economic capital and profit targets to key stakeholders across the Group including the Board and Business Divisions. As part of maintaining best practice Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP), the team provides advice on the solvency and profitability implications of investment, reinsurance underwriting, pricing and capital decisions.
- Enterprise Actuarial produces Group Actuarial’s financial, statutory, regulatory and reinsurance reporting to the key stakeholders of the Board and CFO. This role provides the opportunity to develop specialised knowledge in reinsurance valuations and Group wide considerations (e.g. Group diversification). Participation in special projects at Group level can also be expected (e.g. Mergers & Acquisition, IFRS 17, Divestments, Group Reinsurance).
Risk Management & Platform
- The Risk Management and Platform team is responsible for all matters of governance, risk management profiles and maturity, compliance planning, model governance and executive accountabilities.
Digital Actuarial & Finance Project
- This function supports both Group Actuarial and the Group Finance as we tackle an integrated approach of digitising, automating and enhancing our financial reporting with a new general ledger and sub-ledger all supporting the CFO Digital Finance transformation program and the new IFRS 17 requirements.
Skills & Experience
Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate Technical discipline e.g. Actuarial, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Finance, Engineering
Find out more about our 2020 Graduate Program.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply now’! Applications close on 13 April 2020.