You are here
Home » Finance
A little bit more about our Finance Graduate Program...
In the Chief Financial Office, we make your world a safer place by maintaining the financial resilience of the Group in an environment that embraces diversity and empowers our people to be key influencers, thought leaders and valued partners of our businesses.
Our plan is to:
- Create a culture that values diversity and creativity (Closer)
- Invest in our people and systems (Braver)
- Free up time for more insight and influence across our business (Faster)
What degrees/disciplines are we seeking?
Tertiary Business or Economics background (for example majors in finance, economics, accounting or related quantitative disciplines including mathematics, statistics, computer science, etc).
Preferred: Postgraduate Finance, CFA, CPA, MBA or similar.
We will be looking for candidates who have demonstrated their abilities in problem solving, critical thinking and effective communications to rotate across the teams below.
- Financial Control – Maintain the financial records for the Australian group. Their responsibilities include financial accounting, statutory and regulatory reporting, and Accounting Operations.
- Financial Performance and Reporting – Provide management with reporting and insights on how the Australian business is performing. Their responsibilities include: Performance reporting, budgets, planning and analysis.
- Distribution Finance Advisory – Provides financial decision support analysis and advice to support the Australian distribution function.
- Claims Finance Advisory - Provides financial decision support analysis and advice to support the Australian short tail and long tail claims function.
- Australia Operations & Operational Partnering - Provides Financial Reporting for TCE and Projects, including cost and benefit tracking and analysis.
Group Finance is responsible for the preparation of our HY and FY group financial statements, reporting and insights on consolidated Group business performance, and provide advisory and technical support to the Group functions.
Capital Markets operate within a controlled and sustainable environment which enables an operating model that combines the Group’s internal capital and investment management capabilities with those of external service providers to achieve:
- Effective capital management for the Group
- Effective investment strategy and asset allocation;
- Asset class investment management;
- Investment Operations and Information Technology – investment administration (investment accounting, reporting, unit pricing), processing and systems;
- Operational risk and compliance oversight – independent risk management and compliance oversight; and
- Performance and risk reporting.
Find out more about our 2020 Graduate program.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply now’! Applications close on 13 April 2020.