While some companies say ‘we offer flexibility’, here at IAG, we live flexibility every day. We place great importance on a work life balance and are always open to new ideas on how to make your role work best for you.
From flexible work options and generous superannuation contributions, to several types of leave, a unique culture of appreciation for achievement and living our values, and great supplier discounts, IAG prides itself on being a great place to work.
By way of example, employees in Australia enjoy the following benefits:
Pay and Short Term Incentives
IAG’s approach to remuneration is about rewarding and recognising your performance. Your total potential reward is made up of your fixed pay (your base salary and superannuation) and your short term incentive (STI).
- Your fixed pay recognises your capability and performance in your role. Your fixed pay is reviewed annually at which time your manager may recommend an adjustment.
- Eligible employees can participate in an STI plan. STIs ensure you are rewarded for your individual and team contribution to the wider success of our business. STIs are the “at risk” component of your total potential reward.
Be you | Flexible Work and Leave Options
IAG's leadership in flexible working was recently recognised with a FlexReady certification by Flex Careers. Flexible work arrangements and leave options that may be available to you include:
- Dynamic working - with our people distributed across various locations, we work dynamically with each team having its own rhythms and rituals to stay connected – whether it's virtually or face-to-face. Depending on your role, your preference and your teams' working patterns, we have options for onsite, offsite and hybrid (combination of offsite with days in the office).
- Flexible working hours - part-time, job share, variable hours and compressed working weeks.
- The chance to buy 6 weeks extra leave for a shorter working year.
- Leave without pay as a career break.
- Mid Service Leave of 1 week annually on your 7th, 8th and 9th anniversary at IAG.
- Long Service Leave of 2 months after 10 years of service.
- Leave to volunteer, study or care for a family member.
Requests depend on your work circumstances and must be discussed with your manager.
Caring for Family
IAG understands the challenge of balancing work and family so we have benefits to support you, including:
- 14 weeks paid primary carer’s leave plus a welcome back payment of an additional 6 week’s pay on your return to work.
- 3 weeks paid secondary carer’s leave.
- Childcare leave and family sick leave.
- A carer’s room in major sites.
- Access to Circle In, a digital platform that provides accessible, practical and authentic support for caregivers across all life stages.
IAG’s superannuation rate of 13% is currently above the legislated minimum and is highly competitive compared to other companies. Our superannuation plan also has the following benefits :
- 19 investment options to select from
- Discounted administration fees
- Stronger long-term investment returns
- Flexible insurance cover including salary continuance, total permanent disablement and death
- Get discounts with rewards
- 24/7 access to your account
- Financial advice built into your membership
- Dedicated IAG microsite
Eligible IAG employees can salary sacrifice:
- Qantas Club membership
- Virgin Lounge membership
- Motor vehicles*
- Car parking*
- Union fees
Employee share plan
Eligible IAG employees can share in the company’s future success by taking part in the IAG employee share plan. Under the plan, you can buy up to $1,000 worth of fully paid ordinary IAG shares. You contribute up to $900 to the cost of your shares over a 12-month period and IAG contributes up to $100.
Recognition and reward
Our Shout Out | He toa takitini Recognition and Rewards Program celebrates the great work our people do each day. All employees can send and receive recognition via the IAG Recognition Platform for demonstrating the IAG values and living our purpose.
Sending a Heartfelt Thanks is one way to show your appreciation to a colleague to acknowledge their great work and support. When someone has gone above and beyond and embraced our values to be ready for anything, a great way to show appreciation is by nominating them for an award. Employees who receive Shout Out | He toa takitini awards are rewarded with points on the Recognition Platform, which are known as beats. These can be redeemed for a item or gift card in the Rewards Catalogue, or even redeemed for a charity.
Our milestone program acknowledges long-standing IAG employees with a certificate and beats on our IAG Recognition Platform.
Experience Impact | Giving back
IAG’s community programs allow you to give back to your local community via:
- Workplace Giving – an easy and effective way to donate to over 1,500 charities with IAG Community Connection boosting your donations through a tiered matching program.
- Volunteer leave – IAG provides one day each year for you to volunteer within the community.
IAG products and services
Eligible employees can receive a discount of up to 50%1 on IAG personal insurance products from NRMA, SGIO, SGIC and CGU Insurance. This covers motor, home, CTP and niche products like caravans and travel. All discounts are subject to minimum premiums.
For more information, please contact our Contact Centre on the following numbers:
- NRMA 132 132
- SGIO 133 233
- SGIC 133 233
- RACV 13 72 28
- CGU 13 24 81 (13CGU 1)
- Swann 13 74 33
- WFI 1300 934 934
- Lumley Special Vehicles Insurance team 133 578
- Coles Insurance team 1300 265 374
- ROLLiN Insurance - get a quote online
Eligible employees can also access a 10% discount on home security alarm systems and a 25% discount on back-to-base monitoring services.
Eligible employees are entitled to free roadside assistance from NRMA Roadside Assistance.
Our suppliers offer IAG employees discounts in areas such as technology, health, transport, financial services, travel, leisure, lifestyle and appliances.
1Minimum premiums may apply. Any applicable discounts may be subject to minimum premiums. Discounts only apply until a minimum premium is reached. When we determine your premium, we may also limit any increases or decreases in your premium by considering factors including at renewal your previous year’s premium amount. When you purchase your policy and at renewal you may not receive the full discount based on the premium calculation process. For landlord policies this discount will not apply to the cost of the liability cover under those policies