You are here
Home » Balance for better
Balance for better
This year’s theme is #BalanceforBetter, and at IAG we’re continually looking at ways to support and promote gender diversity to get the balance right. On this page you’ll find videos, a game and information about how we’re tackling gender equity.
See our people talk about creating #BalanceForBetter
We speak to some IAG kids about fairness
Play our ‘balancing act’ game
In the spirit of this year’s #BalanceforBetter theme, our incredible interns from Code Like a Girl, created this online game where you can test your balancing skills.
Our commitment to gender diversity
We have committed to improving the number of women in senior management positions in Australia and New Zealand to 40 per cent by 2020.
In 2018, women held 34.5 per cent of senior management roles across IAG. We know we have lots to do, so to reach our target we have a number of programs and initiatives in place. This includes recruiting talented women across the business, providing opportunities for our female talent to progress into leadership positions, and exploring flexible working arrangements for all employees.
We have many initiatives in place, but a few examples that are helping support and achieve gender diversity include:
- Partnering with Code Like a Girl to offer internships to young women interested in a career in technology.
- Creating a ‘Game Changers’ program for women to accelerate the development of IAG’s future talent.
- Offering a free school holiday program called Kids@IAG, providing school holiday care for school aged kids to help improve participation in the workforce.
- Encouraging our people to work flexibly with the MyFlex program, which now enables thousands of employees to work flexibly on a regular basis.
- Partnering with Working Mothers Connect to promote IAG as an employer of choice for mothers returning to the work force.