You are here
Home » Actuarial and Analytics
Actuarial and Analytics
The Analytics stream provides IAG with data science services including data driven insight and thought leadership, leveraging the Group’s vast bank of customer-centric information and turning it into value-adding business decisions.
You will use your formal training to contribute to the Group’s Australian, New Zealand and other international operations. During your rotations, you may work in a variety of distinct functions, including:
- Group Actuarial: acting as an internal consultancy supporting the Chief Actuary, Executive and Senior Business leaders across the Group in understanding and managing the Group’s consolidated risk and providing pragmatic advice on maximising enterprise value;
- Advanced Analytics: providing predictive modelling, machine learning, personalisation and optimisation services and actively investigating opportunities across the Group to drive customer led, data driven decision making;
- Technical Pricing: keeping IAG’s insurance businesses at the forefront of insurance pricing to ensure ongoing strong financial performance;
- Reserving: determining provisions in respect of both outstanding claims and premium liabilities, as well as providing insight and advice on emerging trends in claims.
At IAG you will be exposed to a supportive environment that encourages the development of its people. Beyond IAG’s leading approach to culture, flexibility and work-life balance, graduates participate in a career development program, complete with engaging buddy and mentor initiatives. There is also generous study support which includes leave, fee payment and organised study groups.
Who we are looking for
- We are looking for high performing graduates in Sydney and Melbourne with the following skills and attributes:
- Mathematics, Actuarial, Data Science or other analytical degree
- Welcomes challenges and embraces opportunity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strives for continued learning and development
- Innovative; think outside the box mentality
- Confident verbal and written communication skills; turning complexity into simple advice
- Well-rounded person
The process we are following