What we do
IAG's Australian operations distribute a range of personal and commercial insurance products, under several brands. Products are sold:
- directly to customers through both branch and agency networks throughout Australia as well as via call centres and online facilities; and
- indirectly to customers through intermediary channels, including insurance brokers, authorised representatives, motor dealerships and financial institutions.
- Comprehensive motor
- Commercial and motor fleet
- Commercial property
- Construction and engineering
- Consumer credit
- Directors and officers'
- Extended warranty
- Farm, crop and livestock
- Home and contents
- Income protection
- Niche insurance, such as veteran, vintage and classic car, boat, caravan and travel
- Professional indemnity
- Public and product liability
- Workers' compensation
NRMA Insurance provides insurance for cars, motorcycles, homes, businesses, travel, boats and caravans and life insurance in NSW, QLD, ACT & TAS (boat and caravan insurance is not offered in Tasmania). The brand dates back to 1920 when it was formed as the New South Wales branch of the National Roads Association.
SGIO was established in Western Australia in 1926 and was acquired by IAG in 1998.
SGIC was established in 1971 and acquired by IAG in 1998.
CGU is one of Australia's largest intermediary based insurers, with a history dating back from the 1860s. IAG acquired CGU in 2003.
At Swann Insurance we are proud to be one of Australia’s leading providers of motorcycle insurance and dirt bike insurance. That’s why we’ve spent more than 50 years protecting what you love. Across Swann’s rich history of supporting motorcycle enthusiasts, we’ve worked alongside motorcycle dealers and manufacturers to provide policies that help keep riders on the road. Today, our insurance policies are offered directly and exclusively to you, so we can better serve your individual needs.
WFI has a long and proud history, dating back to 1919. It has over 80 locations around Australia, with over 170 local area managers and 16 client service teams, and offers a wide range of policies and insurance covers for farm, business, trade, home, strata and investment property requirements. It also offers workers' compensation policy in Western Australia.